Handling of Personal Information
Policy on the Protection of Personal InformationOur “Protection of Personal Information,” the basic policy regarding the protection of personal information we handle, was set in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Japanese Personal Information Protection Act) and we undertake the protection of personal information.
Important Matters concerning our Handling of Personal Information
- Name of the company handling the personal information: House Wellness Foods Corporation
Purposes of use of the personal information and retained personal data: The purposes of use of personal information that we acquired and personal data retained by us are set forth here.
Person in charge of inquiries regarding procedures to receive a request for the disclosure, etc. of personal information and handling of the same: Person in charge of inquiries regarding procedures to receive a request for the disclosure, etc. of personal information and handling of the same are specified here.
Policy on the Protection of Personal Information
House Wellness Foods Corporation recognizes the importance of personal information and makes efforts to protect the same in accordance with the following policy.
Acquisition of personal informationWe will acquire personal information by legal and fair means.
Use of personal information
- We will use personal information within the scope of the purposes of use that we have notified in advance or have publicly announced.
- If we entrust the handling of personal information to a subcontractor, we will carefully check and select such subcontractor and exercise the necessary and appropriate supervision over such subcontractor to ensure the security control of the entrusted data.
Please be advised that each of our group companies may jointly use your personal information within the scope of the purposes described herein.
Provision of personal data to third partiesWe will not provide personal data to any third parties without obtaining prior consent from the individual, except in the case that such a provision is set forth in the laws and regulations.
Management of personal data
- We will maintain the accuracy of personal data within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use and to safely manage such data.
- We will take such information security measures that are reasonable against unauthorized access, etc. in order to prevent the loss, destruction, falsification and divulgence of personal data.
Disclosure of retained personal dataIf an individual who is the subject of retained personal data requests that we disclose, correct or suspend our use of such retained personal data, we will deal with such request appropriately in accordance with laws and regulations.
Personal information management system
- We will appropriately operate a personal information management system, which includes a personal information protection committee, a personal information protection manager, a personal information system supervisor and section-level personal information managers.
- We will provide our employees with training concerning the protection and appropriate method of managing personal information and shall appropriately supervise our employees as necessary.
Purposes of Use of Personal Information and Personal Data Retained by Us
We will use personal information for the following purposes of use.
Purposes of use of personal information and retained personal data regarding users
- Information analysis for the purpose of sales and publicity activities and the formulation, etc. of other marketing strategies for products
- Member authentication for our members-only services and contacting our members
- Review and investigation of the contents of consultations, inquiries, etc. and response to them
- Certain types of communication with customers
Contact information concerning procedures for receiving requests for
disclosure,etc. and handling of personal information
Where to request disclosure, etc.
In the case of a request for disclosure, etc. of retained personal data, please send a request to the following person in charge of inquiries regarding the handling of the personal information by postal mail after filling out all the necessary items on the forms provided by us (the documents are only accepted vial postal mail).
- 6-3, Kioi-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8560, Japan
- House Wellness Foods Corporation
- Person in charge of inquiries regarding personal information consultation for HK L-137 website
Please write “Documents for Requesting Personal Information Disclosure, etc. enclosed” in red ink on the envelope.
The reply to a request for disclosure, etc. will be made in writing to the address described in the individual identification section (in case of a request by a representative, to the address described in the representative’s identification section).
Forms of documents, etc. to be submitted when requesting disclosure, etc.
- Request for Notification of the Purpose of Use of Retained Personal Data
- Request for Disclosure of Retained Personal Data
- Request for Correction, Addition or Deletion of Retained Personal Data
- Request for Suspension of Use or Removal of Retained Personal Data or Suspension of Provision of the Same to Third Parties
We will charge a commission fee for the request of disclosure of retained personal data. Please read 4 below. We may also not disclose such personal data in the following cases.
- In case disclosure is likely to harm the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the requesting party or any third party
- In case the disclosure is likely to seriously impede the proper execution of our business operations
- In case the disclosure involves the violation of other laws and regulations
Verification of the identity of an individual or his/her representative
In order to confirm that the requesting party him/herself or his/her representative is applying, we will verify the identity of the individual in the following manner. We may not reply to the request if we cannot confirm that the requesting party him/herself or his/her representative is applying.
Confirmation of the requesting party
Please attach any one of documents i, ii or iii listed below.
- A copy of the driver’s license
- A copy of the passport
- A copy of either the health insurance certificate or the pension book and an original copy of either the family registration or resident registry
Confirmation of the representative
Please attach both documents i and ii listed below.
- Documents to confirm the representative: same as 1. above.
- Confirmation of the power of representation
In case of a legal representativeDocuments to confirm that a representative has the power of legal representative (family registration, court judgment)
In case of a voluntary representativeA certified copy of the seal registration of the requesting party and a letter of attorney with an affixed registered seal
Amount and collection of commission fee
In the case of a request for disclosure of retained personal data, we will reply by certified and registered mail to ensure delivery to the requesting party or his/her representative. Please enclose postal stamps worth 800 yen per case with the application documents as the actual postal fee.
*In the case of a request for disclosure, if postal stamps worth 800 yen are not enclosed, or if the amount is not enough, we will notify you of it, but please understand that we cannot respond to your request if we do not receive stamps worth the appropriate value by the specified time.
(Not required for any other type of request.)